C3 for Dummies
The absolute basics - C3 for Dummies:
- Plates are $110.00 each.
- You need about 35µL of protein for an initial plate, then 25µL for every subsequent plate (96 droplets)
- You need 10 mL of base condition per additive plate
- You can have 1 or 2 samples per plate. Only one screen per plate.
- If you have no idea about where to start, try the 1-Click Screening option
- Protein should be given to C3 in a 1.6 mL Eppendorf tube with no tape on it
We have tried to condense all of our Frequently Asked Questions and Protocols into this section.
If you've not had much experience in structural biology then it is a great idea to build your knowledge regarding the fundamental principles of protein crystallisation and subsequent X-Ray diffraction - this will help you gain more out of the tests you request at C3. Suggested texts here.